Become a Friend of the Kalahari Meerkat Project – learn everything you ever wanted to know about your favourite meerkat group, and support KMP research at the same time!
Interested in learning everything you ever wanted to know about your favourite meerkat groups? You now have the chance to support the KMP research – become a Friend of the Kalahari Meerkat Project!
What you’ll get
By becoming a Friend, you will be able to choose one or more of your favourite meerkat families, of which you will receive in-depth information, together with many other benefits:
- Friends Package for each chosen group (see Balrog profile example):
- A group overview and short history with pictures
- List of all named meerkats born in the group
- The group’s chronology or other bonus material (for select groups only)
- Periodical information like profiles of individual meerkats (e.g. rovers, dominants)
- Registered access to the “Friends Burrow” with more information about our groups, like family trees, profiles of individual meerkats, detailed life history reports, or background about the stars of Meerkat Manor. The Friends Burrow also includes an online meeting place for Friends to meet, and the opportunity to ask questions to the researchers.
- As a Friend, you also get the chance to visit the meerkats and the project in a KMP visit.
Check out your favourite families’ selection page for more information about what will come with your membership, and see an example of the data provided.
What you’ll give
By becoming a member – a Friend of the Kalahari Meerkat Project – your membership fee will support our meerkat research.
The funds collected from the Friends of the Kalahari Meerkat Project membership fees, as well as donations raised via this website, will contribute to the “Friends of the Kalahari Meerkat Project Fund” to which the KMP researchers or young MSc or PhD students can apply for financial support of their projects in the field research of the KMP meerkats and their ecosystem.